Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Chickens Just Keep Growing!

The chickens are now 3 months old, and just look how they've grown! (Check out the last pictures at 4 weeks old under "Chickens Get a New Home") We all have enjoyed watching the chickens. Richard and I walk down, while drinking our morning coffee, to see how much they have grown overnight - and believe me they DO grow overnight! We let them out in the yard for several hours each day for some free range time and to let them enjoy a banquet of bugs and fresh grass. Davis is very diligent in their care. However, Richard always teases him by threatening to put a beer can up their butt and throw them on the grill to make drunk chickens. As much as I enjoy eating drunk chickens, I don't think I could eat these. I know them too well!


Check out this fancy roost that Richard built for them. It is under the roofed portion of the coop. They roost in the left corner where the 2 boards converge every night, all huddled up together.



See how Hawks green feathers are finally starting to show themselves. You should see her in the sun -- beautiful! On the bottom is "Da Man" - Rex! His comb is now developing, but he still hasn't found his "cocka-doodle-do"!

No comments:

Post a Comment