Saturday, August 1, 2009

I Could Be an Artist After All! - Wine & Paint 7/31/09

Well, I guess I will start with the finished product. I never would have thought I could do something like this! Sharon Sellers Owens, an Evergreen native, moved to Monroeville several years ago and began teaching art classes. Recently she has begun a fun group of classes called "Wine & Paint". She will do one painting each class, and you can sign up for the class that offers the painting you want to do. You bring your own drink of choice, of course. I got an invitation from my friend Kimberli to go with a group last night, not having any idea what they were painting. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that we were painting this image. This one was particularly fun and thought it would look good in the kitchen hanging with our "Fishhead Sandwich" painting.



Here is the group. Brandy, me, Missy, and Kimberli. The next picture is Missy and Kimberli, standing in line to get paint, then me and Brandy, sitting at our easels.



Here are a few of the step by step stages as I painted. I was a little nervous to learn that we would be painting on a blank canvas, nothing pre-sketched. We actually took the plastic off of our canvas upon arrival. Sharon walked us through each stroke to get the image on the canvas in black paint. Then she guided us in mixing paint to create our masterpieces. They were done in acrylic paint as it dries quickly and is easy to work with.

Here we have finally finished our masterpieces! We had so much fun! You can see the minor differences in the images as we interpreted our own drawing and painting techniques, showing that it really wasn't pre-sketched. Below you can see the detail of each individual up close.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Zebbie:

    This looks like so much fun! Good for you - can't wait to see this framed and displayed in your home. See you soon!
    Love, Nancy O.

    ReplyDelete