Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mardi Gras 2010 - Maids of Jubilee

This February we had the opportunity to attend the Mardi Gras ball for the Maids of Jubilee in Fairhope. My sister-in-law Kelsey is a member. We have been going to Fairhope for the past several years to see her on one of the floats in the MOJ parade. Most of the Nix clan gathered in Fairhope to attend this most festive affair. The ladies were all required to wear floor length gowns, and the men were required to wear white tie and tails. After we watched the parade and caught lots of beads, we quickly changed into our ball attire and walked to the Civic Center. The photo above is what we arrived to see in the reception area. One of these women is Kelsey, but I can't tell you which one --- ssssshhhhhhhhh............it's a secret!!!!! The only hint I will give you is she is one of the ladies wearing an animal print. That narrows it down to 3. Anyway, we had a fabulous time, dancing the night away to 2 different bands! One played old 70's tunes and their production was reminiscent of The Commodores - outstanding! I swear the lead lady singer looked just like Aretha Franklin! The other band played modern rock -- Black-Eyed Peas and such --- and boy did they rock the roof off!!!! I've never seen so much booty shakin'!!!!!! Below are some photos of the rest of us at the hotel before we departed for the Ball. What handsome couples!


Richard & Zebbie


Nancy & Michael

Ellen & John

I regret that I did not get a photo of Bert. Sorry Bertie! My camera was not behaving well that night. However, my sister-in-law Nancy was the shutterbug of the weekend. She really has some good photos!

1 comment: