Here is our 1 year old cat - Daisy. She is the Feline Huntress Extraordinaire! For months she has been bringing inside, daily, any number of small rodents - moles, mice - and small birds. We get the occasional lizard. Sometimes they are still alive and she will turn them loose in the house to play with them for a bit - lovely! Not good when that happens to be a bird! She has been eying the chickens from afar, but I think she has a healthy respect for Rex the Rooster, as he has charged her on several occasions. She keeps her distance from him and his watchful eye over his hens. Last week she killed and brought inside a Blue Jay - wow! That is one mean bird! Not sure how she pulled that off, but was absent of any war wounds. Yesterday, I was up bright and early - about 5:30, drinking my coffee and getting my day going on some ballet stuff. Daisy comes blasting in through the doggie door, meowing her head off. I didn't think too much of that, because she does enjoy talking. I told her good morning and kept on working. Eventually, the kids and Richard made their way into the kitchen and Richard looks out the window to find a dead animal on our screened porch. No wonder she was talking so loudly to me! She was trying to tell me about her latest kill! Check it out below.
No comments:
Post a Comment