Sneak Peak of Messiah 2011 - Andalusia Ballet
I have neglected my blog for far too long. I have a specific purpose in sharing tonight. Andalusia Ballet is doing a very special presentation of Messiah this year, in lieu of our traditional performance of Nutcracker. In addition to our wonderfully talented dancers, there is a live orchestra and community choir performing as the dancers perform. Although I am unable to post anything official here, I can post video of some of tonight's rehearsal. Keep in mind this doesn't have the orchestra or choir, nor are they wearing the costumes that will be worn during the performance. They are wearing their practice skirts and white company leotards. It isn't quite polished to the point it will be by this weekend, but offers merely a glimpse into the treat that awaits us this weekend. The set is not complete either. There will be stained glass windows in the background. For those of you unable to come to the performance, you will be able to see 2 of the 4 dances Kelsey will be dancing. I will be getting a professional video of the performance and am happy to share with anyone who is interested in watching it.
The first song is How Beautiful Are the Feet, Kelsey's solo. She does a beautiful job with this one. Hope you enjoy. You can watch it in full screen mode (click on the 4 arrows in the lower right corner of the viewing box) but it gets a little blurry.
The second is the song Behold the Lamb, a very powerful song and dance interpretation. Kelsey really loves this dance. She is the dancer to the far right on the highest riser as the song begins, one of the 4 leads in this dance. She ends up at the front of all of the beggars after the initial grouping, to the left of the stage.
No comments:
Post a Comment